Re: [Orgmode] Pulling Carsten's changes.

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Pulling Carsten's changes.
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:57:53 -0600

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Matthew Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:

> There's a nice FAQ entry on this:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#keeping-current-with-Org-mode-development

This reminds me that I had a couple of minor niggles with this process
when I tried to pull a new version:

1. Shouldn't the Makefile "install" target have "install-info" added
as a dependency? Otherwise, item 3 of the FAQ entry should be modified
to include "make install-info". Also, the default installation
directory is /usr/local, which is not usually user-writable, so it
should be "sudo make install".

2. Item 6 in the FAQ entry says "You should restart org mode to have
the changes take effect". What is the best way to do this? I couldn't
get anything to work, short of rebooting emacs.

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia