[Orgmode] Keeping Your Appointments in org

From: Ian Barton
Subject: [Orgmode] Keeping Your Appointments in org
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 09:37:10 +0000

As it's the start of a new year, I want to move my appointments from Google Calendar as the primary source to org. When my system in org is running smoothly I will export to Google Calendar on a regular basis.

Searching back through the list there are quite a lot of snippets describing how people use org to keep appointments, but no overview. I would like to write a tutorial on how you can keep your appointments in org, so I thought that I would ask list members if they would post some details of their system.

I am intending to keep my appointments in a dedicated org file (calendar.org). At the moment I am using a remember template which adds them with a tag of APPT. I the use a custom agenda view if I only want to see appointments.

I am particularly interested in the best way to deal with repeating appointments. For example how do you deal with a weekly appointment that has a defined start and end date.

Ian.