Re: [Orgmode] Org and financial data

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org and financial data
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 09:35:51 -0600

Hi Memnon,
Memnon Anon <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> A new year has started and I try to get even more organized.
> So, I think it is time to keep track of my financial data, and
> I think orgmode is the way to go.

If your needs are simple (i.e., just tracking discretionary spending)
you might consider using properties and column views to keep track of
where your money is going. I find that this creates a nice way to sum
up weekly, monthly, and yearly expenditures. I described my admittedly
simple setup in this post:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/9827

I create a tree for each year, a subtree for each month, and a subtree
for each week, such as: