Re: [Orgmode] structure editing in brainstorming mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] structure editing in brainstorming mode
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:07:10 +0100

On Dec 31, 2008, at 7:04 AM, Rustom Mody wrote:

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden > wrote:

On Dec 29, 2008, at 1:51 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:
<snipped>
For this, you can use M-<right> and M-<left>, which promote and demote
headlines. (M-S-<right> demotes the entire subtree.)

Hi Rustom,

have you seen this part of the reply? Matt is correct that what you are trying (demoting a region of headlines) works with M-right, but not with
M-S-right.

Thanks.  But I had to turn on transient mark mode for it to work.
Intended behavior I guess?

Yes.  Everybody should turn it on.  Why would you not?

Anyway, it Emacs 23, it will be the default.

Matt, we clearly need a FAQ entry about transient-mark-mode :-)

- Carsten