Re: [Orgmode] searchable refcard?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] searchable refcard?
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:33:01 +0100

Hi Sebastian,

On Dec 1, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

Hi Carsten, Alan & Co,

sorry for not following this thread closely. If the idea here is deleted
from your list already or is not feasable, just ignore it.

Refcard as info file
====================

 How about maintaining the extended refcard as a second texinfo file?
 After the install, we would have two resulting info files: org and
 org-refcard.

 We could then bind a key to some `org-open-ref-card' function, that
 simply calls (info "(orgrefcard)").

If this would be done in info format (i.e. TexInfo), then it could
simply be part of the manual itself and info could jumpt to that
particular node in the manual.

Context help
============

 As for help in general:

 How about binding a key (e.g. `C-c h') to a function calling (info
 &optional file-or-node) to get context-help while in an org-file?

 (info "(org)tags")                      if on a tag,
 (info "(org)properties and columns")    if in `#+COLUMNS' line

 ...and so on.

 Often more than one section will match, so a mapping would be needed
 as well, as some sort of completion.

I do like that idea.

- Carsten