[Orgmode] Notification of upcoming deadlines via email

From: Gary
Subject: [Orgmode] Notification of upcoming deadlines via email
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:25:15 +0100

Hi all,

I would say "long time reader, first time poster", but half of it
wouldn't be true ;)

I know from reading the manual that org-mode can "interact" with the
appointment notification facility in the emacs diary/calendar, so
maybe I am barking up the wrong tree by asking here, if so then then
please feel free to point me there. I couldn't see anything in the
archives, and haven't been able to find anything suitable with google
either.

What I would like to do is have emacs send me an email when a deadline
is approaching. Is that possible? I am *much* more likely to read an
email than remember to look at the calendar or whatever, and moreover
it sits in my mailbox until I really take some action to deal with it,
even if it is only to delete it.

If you respond, please do so to the list as I am subscribed.

--
TIA,
Gary