[Orgmode] Idea for org-mode add on - org-console

From: Richard Riley
Subject: [Orgmode] Idea for org-mode add on - org-console
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:24:18 +0100

I love org-mode. It is perfect for things like a work journal/ daily
"work done" diary.

I would love an org mode console.

Bring it up with a single hot key, text entered defaulted to selected
region if there is one. Hit commit - bang. text "remembered" with
timestamp to a journal. No prompts. No title. Just enter text, hit C-c C-c
and it logs to a default/selected journal.

I would probably have it always open at the bottom of the screen.

Possibly prefix the text with "[e]" as an example to log to the "e"
template for emacs or whatever. maybe it would switch to that
template. Ditto for tags. Basically a free entry format for org items
from a typical free type emacs buffer.

e.g

org>dropped line about org console <C-c C-c>
org-response> [J]ournal updated.
org> [e] <C-c C-c>
org-response> [e]emacs org selected
org>

Plenty of room for more design of course, but just a quick "idea". A bit
thin I grant you, but, well, simple and functional IMO.