[Orgmode] Re: How to make a todo entry in plain text?

From: anhnmncb
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to make a todo entry in plain text?
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:53:42 +0800

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> "Oliver Charles" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2008 at 11:29 PM, anhnmncb <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> For example:
>>>
>>> * TODO Things I need to do
>>>  - [] get foo1, foo2, foo3.
>>>  * TODO foo2 is got by this way
>>>  - [] do thing 2
>>>  - [] ...
>>>
>> You haven't made your question very clear here... and I don't really
>> understand what you're asking.

Pardon for my poor English, if I don't expree clearly then let me know
:)

I need a way to make a TODO entry in plain text, not just at header

> The second TODO should have 2 stars

My fault :)

> ,----
> | * TODO Things I need to do
> |  - [ ] get foo1, foo2, foo3.
> | ** TODO foo2 is got by this way
> |  - [ ] do thing 2
> |  - [ ] ...
> `----

In such case, the level 2 TODO will break up my the one plain list into
two. So assume that the original header is:

* TODO Things I need to do [0/3]

Now it will become:

* TODO Things I need to do [0/1]

> I'm assuming your - [] are supposed to be checkboxes (they need a space
> in there)

My fault again ..

> Headlines have leading stars.  Org-mode can hide leading stars but they
> are still present physically in the file and are required for marking
> headlines.
>
> -Bernt

Thank you.