Re: [Orgmode] bullet point cycling

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] bullet point cycling
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:04:57 +0100

Hi Samuel,

On Nov 20, 2008, at 7:14 AM, Samuel Wales wrote:

I found the following in 6.12a.

************* org-shiftleft and org-shiftright on bullet points
1.  The command is not documented as working on bullet
   points.  However, this is a great feature.  For me, it
   cycles bullet styles.

Documentation is improved now.

2.  It should ideally adjust indentation when cycling bullet point
   styles.  For example, - + take one column; 1) takes two.

This also works now.

3.  1. (number followed by dot) should indent by two spaces when
   sentence-end-double-space is non-nil.  This should also
   occur with org-insert-heading.  See the present style.

I cannot see why this would be useful.  Sentence commands will
also not work with the other bullet styles.  Note that you can
use C-a in combination with an appropriate setting of
`org-special-ctrl-a/e' to jump to the beginning of an item,
after the bullet.  I use the setting `reversed'.

4.  It would be nice to include o (lowercase oh) as a bullet
   point style if possible, as it's fairly common.

Might be nice, but this is too much trouble, because of
technical reasons (implementation is hard-coded in
several places...)

5.  There seems to be a bug in which org-shiftleft turns the
   first bullet point into a headline.  This occurs on the
   present body with the curser on the present bullet
   point.

Yes, if the bullet starts at the left margin, the cycling
skips the * bullet type, to avoid confusion with headlines.
This was broken for the left-cycling.  Works now.

Thanks for your report.....

And don't forget to try the new ido support in Org:

(setq org-completion-use-ido t)

- Carsten