Re: R: [Orgmode] Problems with iCalendar export of my Calendar

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: Re: R: [Orgmode] Problems with iCalendar export of my Calendar
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:49:02 +0100

Hi Carsten,

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:31:34 +0100
Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:

 cd> A time-range with first an active stamp and then an inactive
 cd> meaning has no defined purpose in Org, and I cannot say what will
 cd> happen in what circumstances.

Understood.

Is there any reason why it has no defined purpose?

"Only display it on the first day and be silent on the others" seems
like an appropriate interpretation of the combination.

 cd> You can get the un timed items first by configuring the variable
 cd> `org-sort-agenda-notime-is-late'.

Thanks a lot - looks better already.

 cd> That will not change the indentation though.  Could be fixed, of
 cd> course, that is a minor problem.

If it is not too big an issue, I'd very much appreciate the option to
have them displayed with proper indentation and without the (X/Y).

 cd> One thing you can do is to set
 cd> #+DRAWERS: dummy
 cd> so that properties will not act as drawers anymore, so
 cd> they will always be open and visible.

Thanks. That is a bit better.

 cd> Properties?  or dates?  I happen to beliefe that there is no better
 cd> input for times than those in Org.

And I happen to agree with you. One of the things in which or Org is
absolutely superior is entering or changing dates.

It is the properties that I generally found a bit cumbersome to deal
with, but maybe I'll just solve this with a small LISP function to take
care of the inserting of events, including property drawers and so on.

Regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <address@hidden>