Re: [Orgmode] ColumnView and DateFormat

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ColumnView and DateFormat
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 07:57:40 +0100

Hi Memnon,

On Oct 29, 2008, at 12:18 AM, Memnon Anon wrote:

Hi!

First things first:
Org mode is great!
Org is the reason I started using emacs a few months ago.
Thanks for this fine software.

I am using the column view very often and added several columns to my
org-file using this line

,----
| #+COLUMNS: %35ITEM %4TODO %1PRIORITY %19SCHEDULED %10TAGS %5ESTIMATE{:}
|  %5CLOCKSUM
`----

I am still experimenting quite a bit and my question is:

Is there a simple way to cut the year out of the scheduled column?
Right now, it displays e.g. like this: 2008-10-10 Mi 13:15.
Can this be cut down to something like      10-10 Mi 13:15 ?
I do not plan years ahead ;)

Please check this thread:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/7430

- Carsten

And another question related to the Agenda View.

I dislike scheduling everything. I have got some Items I work on whenever I need a break. These Items do not get a real timestamp because I can not say before when I will work on them. But, if I do, I often spend some hours on
them. Of course, I still clock them.
Orgmode provides this nice timeline view, but this only displays tasks with
time-stamped items. Using column view, it provides even more useful
information.
Is there a way to have a timeline that focuses not on time-stamped items but on the clocked time? Thus showing me when and how long I actually worked on items
and not when I planned to do so?
Like
Wednesday  22 October 2008
Clocked 12:00-16:00: TODO Work on Thesis :UNI:LIBRARY:
 Clocked 16:15-18:00:      Read LOTR (again;)                 :HOME:
Clocked 18:30-20:00 DONE Call Parents :PHONE:HOME:
 Simchat Torah

If I missed some crucial information in the org manual, a simple *RTFM*
is enough and sorry for the noise.
If anyone out there has a simple solution or a different "workflow" to adopt
and achieve this, your suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Thanks and have a nice day ;)