Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org publish hierarchies and style variable

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Org publish hierarchies and style variable
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:19:36 +0100

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
> I don't know if things have barreled  along so quickly that this is more
> patching and sticking plaster than a solid solution but it works well for
> me.

That's the important thing: it has to work for you ;-)

That's why I stick with the 'level-files' solution. This way it works
without any server-side scripting, postprocessing, networking and simply
on each and ervery host. Even when accessed through the file: protocol
localy. All I need is emacs and a webbrowser to browse my notes or test
publishing.

But it is indeed tailored to my needs: note-taking.

To do fancy stuff, we may use the either :style in
org-publish-projects-alist or the corresponding #+STYLE: file-variable
(e.g. in a level-file), to add arbitrary stuff to the head section. I'll
just use the #+STYLE: option for readability.

An other solution to use only one stylesheet, and be able to move files
around (not working through the file: protocol or without network, just
as Bernt's setup):

#+STYLE: <base href="http://host.domain.tld"; />

If Php is supported on all hosts, you may use the next snippet, to make
it portable (publish on several hosts without changing anything):

:#+STYLE: <?php
:#+STYLE: echo '<base href="http://' . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] . '" />';
:#+STYLE: ?>

That way _all_ the URLs in stylesheets
(background-image:url(images/foo.gif)), image tags, hyperlinks etc. are
resolved relative to http://host.domain.tld.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.4 for details how
links are resolved when using the base element (HTML 4.0 is the basis for
XHTML 1.0 strict).

Regards,

   Sebastian

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Http:  www.emma-stil.de