Re: [Orgmode] Org publish hierarchies and style variable

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org publish hierarchies and style variable
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 19:40:47 +0100

Hi Matt,

I can see no problem with the alternative you provide here. It's nice
IMHO. How  much space will a stylesheet take? One block, sometimes 2 -
not very much. Thanks for pointing this out.

There is the per file

#+STYLE:

setting.

We should mention those alternatives in the tutorial.

* Why I recommended the #+SETUPFILE option in the tutorial

  When moving files around, not only the path to the stylesheet is
  affected, but also paths to scripts, or PHP/Perl/whatever libraries
  and includes (which may live in the #+TEXT: line of a level file).

  I have 106 files and directories currently, constantly growing. And
  the head of the all the files just looks like this:

#+SETUPFILE: ~/emacs/org/levels/level-1.org
#+TITLE: Some Title

  Moving the file, just means to change one character (`1'), and the
  scripts, stylesheets, and all the rest still works.

  I use 6 level files for 3 levels (more to come):

  - 1 for startpage (No `Up' link, `Home' leads to my local homepage),
  - 2 for directory indexes (where `Up' means go to '../index.html',
    `Home' to my `sitemap.html'),
  - 3 for all the other files (where `Up' goes to 'index.html',
    `Home' to my `sitemap.html').

  Images in stylesheets ('background-image:url(.....)') are resolved
  realtive to the stylesheets location.

We should be able to add a '<base href="">' line ;-)

Regards,

   Sebastian

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417

Http:  www.emma-stil.de