Re: [Orgmode] Bindings for selection of dates after C-c C-s?

From: mdl
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Bindings for selection of dates after C-c C-s?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:49:53 -0500

Ángel de Vicente <address@hidden> writes:

> Oops, sorry about that. I'm using version 6.09a, and all the examples
> below work fine, but neither the arrow keys, neither < > do what you
> say  (are these shortcuts documented somewhere?). Up and down arrow
> key bring  back the minibuffer history. Left and arrow keys basically
> just add or  remove spaces from the mini-buffer. And < and > set mark
> the diary entries  "Marking diary entries ... done". This is through a
> remote ssh connection,  so behaviour while working locally might be a
> little different, but  certainly it didn't work, since these are some
> of the keys that I did try.  Perhaps I have something interfering with
> ORG, but I don't know what.  While in the minibuffer, if I try to find
> the valid bindings with C-h b  and I search for < and > I get:

My fault. I gave the wrong keys for moving from date to date. On my
local machine (I can't vouch for ssh functionality) I press Shift-left
and Shift-right to move forward and backwards through the days and
Shift-up and Shift-down to move up and down through the weeks.

The shift is the important key. Sorry for omitting this the first time
around.

On my local machine (Emacs 22, Org 6.10c), the keys < and > move
through the months. "Marking diary entries...done" is just the
calendar announcing that its highlighting any days that have a diary
entry, but after you get that message you should be able to use
Shift+arrow keys to navigate in the selected month.

----

Matthew Lundin
mdl at imapmail dot org