[Orgmode] Proposed patch for customizable org-table-export

From: Colin Williams
Subject: [Orgmode] Proposed patch for customizable org-table-export
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 23:24:38 -0400

I've created the custom variable org-table-export-delimiter so that the user may customize the string that delimits the columns exported.

I believe this is useful because in some areas (namely, my office) people insist on the files being in csv (comma separated values).

I've also noticed (but haven't bothered fixing yet) that if a field contains the delimiter string (be it a tab or a comma), then the resulting exported file has misaligned columns.  In csv format, this is remedied by surround the offending columns in double quotes.  I'm not sure, but I believe tab separated format usually handles separator character disambiguation in a similar way.

I've attached the patch for my change, but as this patch is the first thing I've contributed to org-mode, I'm still waiting on the paperwork from the gnu foundation.  Also, I've actually never contributed a patch to a free project before, so I'm sorry if the patch file is incorrectly formatted.