Re: [Orgmode] Org-publish wishlist

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-publish wishlist
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:12:16 +0100

Hi Matt,

address@hidden writes:
> 3. Automatically generated backlinks.

I use org-info.js for this.
E.g., in 'Page one':

#+LINK_UP: Emacs.html
#+LINK_HOME: /index.html

> 4. Automatically generated most page creation date and recent changes
> list.

If `org-publish-use-timestamps-flag' is `t' (and only then), org-publish
is aware of recent changed Org _files_ (as oposed to _lines_). I doubt
this is of any value though, since 'recent changes' are so
subjective. I.e. recent changes change so fast that way (e.g. fixing a
typo here, a typo there).

> (5. And finally, in my wildest and most implausible dreams, web/wiki
> software that uses org-mode files as a back end for storing data and
> that dynamically generates views of that data---by tag, deadline,
> date, properties, etc. I know that the wonderful Worg already is a
> wiki of sorts, but it would be absolutely incredible if org-mode files
> could be edited interactively via a web browser, cell phone, etc....
> Dream on, I suppose.)

This dream is coming up so often :-)
...and it will be implemented one day.

Regards,

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Http:  www.emma-stil.de