[Orgmode] Re: How you can help

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How you can help
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:04:51 +0200

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
> Running a minimal emacs should suppress custom config files:
>          emacs -q -l yourtest.el

Added this one to the Clippboard section on new org-tests/index.org in
Worg.git. (this section will be temporary...)

> Some kind of regression testing framework would be awesome.  Org-mode is
> large enough that this is almost a necessity to keep things stable and
> bug-free.

It's big and feature-RICH.

> Maybe something can be put together from the git testing framework and
> use of emacs -batch to process test org files and verify the output is
> as expected (with diff or some other tool).

Hey, diff is a good idea!!

I didn't take the verification of the output into account yet :-)

I just pushed a change of Worgs start page, and added a directory
'org-tests'. I've placed an index.org there, which now is just a
collection of ideas (I'm on my day job, so I can't really work on it
now).

Don't know how often the git repo is published.
Bernt and Ben, are you 'worgers' allready?

Do you think it makes sense to add snippets and ideas to the new page in
Worg? I think while the list great to exchange ideas, it's good to have
a place, where all those ideas are destilled to one-liners.

Cheers,

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: address@hidden, address@hidden