Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.10

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Release 6.10
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:16:02 +0530

  On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
  [snip]
  > Enhancements to secondary agenda filtering
  >
  >    This is, I believe, becoming a killer feature.  It allows you
  >    to define fewer and more general custom agenda commands, and
  >    then to do the final narrowing to specific tasks you are
  >    looking for very quickly, much faster than calling a new
  >    agenda command.
  >
  >    If you have not tries this yet, you should!
  >
  > * You can now refining the current filter by an additional criterion
  >  When filtering an existing agenda view with `/', you can
  >  now narrow down the existing selection by an additional
  >  condition.  Do do this, use `\' instead of `/' to add the
  >  additional criterion.  You can also press `+' or `-' after
  >  `/' to add a positive or negative condition.  A condition
  >  can be a TAG, or an effort estimate limit, see below.
  [snip]

Thanks for enhancing this already awesome feature.

  > I use this mostly to get rid of TODAY and NEXT tags which I
  > apply to select an entry for execution in the near future,
  > which I often prefer to specific time scheduling.

I like this.  I end up pushing many of the tasks forward each day.  I
think it's better to use standard agenda for timed tasks
(appointments, deadlines etc.) and add another block for tasks tagged
for today and next actions (do anytime tasks.)  So I created an agenda
view that has standard agenda, a block of tags query to include tasks
tagged "Today" and another block with tasks tagged "Next".  But it
seems filter applies only to the standard agenda block and does not
show any task from the other two blocks.  Can it be done at all?

-- Manish