[Orgmode] Re: Sync org-mode files in different computers

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Sync org-mode files in different computers
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 20:39:54 -0400

address@hidden (Flávio de Souza) writes:

> Hi, I am a new emacs user and I am exploring org-mode which is really amazing.
>
> I would like to know how I sync org-mode files in different computer over
> local
> network and over the internet.

Hi,

I personally use git to sync my org-mode files but there are lots of
tools available to sync files across multiple machines.

Some options are:

  - put your org-mode files in a source control system (git, svn,
    whatever system you are used to) and check out the files on all your
    target systems

  - Use unison

  - Use rsync

You'll probably want to investigate what works best for your usage
scenario.

-Bernt