[Orgmode] Re: install and info

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: install and info
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 09:30:45 -0400

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On three systems I have access to the info files are in /usr/share/info
>>
>>   - Debian
>>   - FreeBSD
>>   - Ubuntu
>
> Debian and Ubuntu should be the same I would think since Ubunti is
> Debian based.

Yes they should be but I thought I'd list it for completeness :)

I've never messed with info files before (from an installation point of
view) but I was under the impression that the top level 'dir' file needs
to be edited to include new documentation in the tree and that file
lives in whatever the standard info directory is on your system.  I
think you can create new documentation in other locations but you still
need to reference it from the 'dir' file if you want it to be easy to
locate.

> But there is an org which ships with emacs. I would expect the info file
> from that to be there.
>
> If one installs from CVS/git should it not be in /usr/local/share/info ?
>
> I really am not sure personally and frequently have had issues with
> other packages and the installation and location of Info files.

Me either.  I'm just trying to provide additional information in case
it's useful.

-Bernt