[Orgmode] Question about agenda

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [Orgmode] Question about agenda
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 09:56:37 -0500

I have an org file which the agenda sees in which I put an outline item
with notes from a meeting.  The header for this item is as follows:

* Tasks
* * Meeting with XXXX
  SCHEDULED: <2008-10-06 Mon>

What I was somewhat surprised to see was that this continues to roll
down my agenda, e.g.:

Wednesday   8 October 2008
  smite:      Sched. 3x:  Meeting with XXXXX

I think this means that I don't really understand the meaning of
SCHEDULED, nor do I understand how the agendas are composed.  But I'm
looking at the info manual now, and I'm not actually enlightened.

Is there something I should do to tag something SCHEDULED like this so
that it no longer appears in my agenda view as something still to be
done?  Is there a HAPPENED tag, or something like that?

Or, is it the case that I should only use SCHEDULED with todo items?

Any guidance much appreciated.

Best,