Re: [Orgmode] custom link type for files in a git repo

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] custom link type for files in a git repo
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 06:55:17 -0400

Ian Barton <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Now that org and git are starting to be used in conjunction by more and
>>> more of us, would anyone else find it useful to have a custom link type
>>> for linking to git objects?
>>
>> Absolutely!!  git is my new favourite tool, and being able to combine
>> org-mode and git in a usable workflow would be a great idea!
>>
> Without wishing to start a VCS war, it would be nice if any org
> interface was as tool agnostic as possible. I use bzr, mainly because
> I use Ubuntu and it's what Canonical use. I am sure there are other
> people who use Hg, etc.

Since emacs already abstracts basic VCS functionality through its vc
interface, it would be nice if any org-vcs integration would use that.
I use three vc systems on a regular basis (svn at work, hg for my own
projects, and git for other peoples' projects that I track).

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |