Re: [Orgmode] Re: Overview of agenda files

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Overview of agenda files
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 07:51:14 +0200

On Sep 29, 2008, at 5:09 AM, Manish wrote:

 On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 2:09 AM, Vladi Solutka wrote:
Hi!

Carsten Dominik writes:

All I currently miss is the possibility to have a top overview of my
projects, listing the count of the different keywords (since each
project has its own file, this would be in fact an overview of my
agenda files).

[...]

There is nothing built-in to make something like this, but using
dynamic blocks and the entry mapper, it can be implemented compactly.

Load the following code, in .emacs or so....

[...]

Wow, thanks alot :-) I thought about writing an external script since
I don't really know too much about lisp, but I definitely prefer a
'native' solution. Unfortunately I get a

Lisp error: (void-variable my-count-todo-states-internal)

Stack trace:
(lambda nil my-count-todo-states-internal)()
org-scan-tags(my-count-todo-states-internal t)
org-map-entries(my-count-todo-states-internal nil agenda :name
"count-todo-states" :states ("TODO" "WAIT" "LATER") :content #("\n" 0 1
(fontified t)))
apply(org-map-entries my-count-todo-states-internal nil agenda (:name
"count-todo-states" :states ("TODO" "WAIT" "LATER") :content #("\n" 0 1
(fontified t))))
org-dblock-write:count-todo-states((:name "count-todo-states"
:states ("TODO"
"WAIT" "LATER") :content #("\n" 0 1 (fontified t))))

FWIW, it worked for me

Hi Manish, thanks for checking.

It turns out that I had to fix a little bug to make this hack it work, obviously you already pulled the latest version before you tried.

So yes, Vladi, you need to either get the git version or wait for the 6.08 release.

- Carsten

(Thanks Carsten.)  I eval'ed the two functions
and added this to an .org file:

,----
| #+BEGIN: count-todo-states :states ("TODO" "APPT" "NEXT" "WAITING" "DONE" )
| #+END: count-todo-states
`----

and did a C-c C-c on the lines to get the summary table.

-- Manish