Re: [Orgmode] remember template "bottom" bug

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] remember template "bottom" bug
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 07:57:40 +0200

On Sep 26, 2008, at 10:29 PM, Ethan Blanton wrote:

Hi,

I'm using org-mode 6.07b (installed from source) with emacs 22.1.1 and
remember.el 1.9 (both installed from Ubunty Hardy package
repositories), and remember templates which specify their heading as
bottom seem to display a rather unfortunate bug -- the inserted node
*replaces* the current bottom entry in the file.

For example, if I have a todo.org of the following contents:

* TODO Mow the lawn
* TODO Wash the dishes

... and a remember template:

(setq org-remember-templates '(("Todo" ?t "* TODO %?" "todo.org" bottom)))

Then, when I use that template to enter the TODO item "Vacuum the
carpet", todo.org will have "Wash the dishes" removed and replaced by
"Vacuum the carpet":

* TODO Mow the lawn
* TODO Vacuum the carpet

Ooops.  Yes, bad bug.

Fixed now, in the git repo.  Thanks for your report....

- Carsten

The location 'top' works as expected, as do literal headings.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.