R: [Orgmode] Top-level headers in org-sparse-tree

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: R: [Orgmode] Top-level headers in org-sparse-tree
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:40:54 +0000 (GMT)

--- Mar 9/9/08, Iris Jackson <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> The problem I encountered is that org-tags-sparse-tree
> shows top-level
> headers even if they don't contain the selected tag.
> Is there a simple way
> to turn that off?  For example, if I have a top level
> section called "Bugs",
> and it does not contain the "project spec" tag,
> then I don't want it to show
> up in the result :-)

does the manual at section: "Tag inheritance"
help you?:

To limit tag inheritance to specific tags, or to turn it off entirely,
use the variable `org-use-tag-inheritance'.

   When a headline matches during a tags search while tag inheritance
is turned on, all the sublevels in the same tree will match as well(1).
The list of matches may then become very long.  If you only want to
see the first tags match in a subtree, configure the variable
`org-tags-match-list-sublevels'.

   (1) This is only true if the the search does not involve more
complex tests including properties (*note Property searches::).