[Orgmode] Re: file property to affect agenda display

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: file property to affect agenda display
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:59:36 -0400

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have many org files named "TODO", and when I open up an agenda view
> all of the tasks from these files are labeled by their file name "TODO"
> rendering them in-differentiable to me.  Is there a file property I can
> set to override the use of the file name in the agenda views?  I looked
> in the documentation but to no avail.

If I understand correctly you can set different categories for each
using a subtree property

  :PROPERTIES:
  :CATEGORY: SomeName
  :END:

or with

#+CATEGORY: SomeName

,----[ from the manual ]
| `#+CATEGORY:'
|      This line sets the category for the agenda file.  The category
|      applies for all subsequent lines until the next `#+CATEGORY' line,
|      or the end of the file.  The first such line also applies to any
|      entries before it.
`----

I prefer to put category names in the subtree as a property in the level
1 task - all my todo items are level 2 or higher in my files and I have
multiple categories per file.

-Bernt