Re: [Orgmode] {Feature Request] Categories in icalendar export

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] {Feature Request] Categories in icalendar export
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 15:29:00 -0400

> That would be possible, however, I think this is not a stable feature.
> How can you make sure the the corresponding tag is always the first in
> your list of tags?

For those syncing with a Palm device, it is up to us to make sure the
first tag is the category we want. The first tag thing is only a Pilot
limitation since Palm's brain dead apps only allows one category per
record (thus Kpilot, and I believe Gnome Pilot, only syncs the first
category). For programs that can understand icalendar directly (and have
multi-categories support) or can sync multi-categories, the categories
can be used as filters for different lists.

Charles