Re: [Orgmode] Re: [bug]x2 #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE can not work and #+BEGIN_SRC i

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [bug]x2 #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE can not work and #+BEGIN_SRC indent error
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 09:09:12 +0200

Hi Tseng,

I don't think the indentation function in Org is good enough to apply it to the entire file anyway, so no action on this thread. Sorry.

- Carsten

On Aug 3, 2008, at 2:04 PM, S.P.Tseng wrote:

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

S.P.Tseng <address@hidden> writes:

2. Press tab at the line "Exclusive or.", indent error.
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(defun org-xor (a b)
  "Exclusive or."
  (if a (not b) b))
#+END_SRC

Switch to the appropriate mode first with C-c ' anywhere inside the SRC
block and then indent works fine.  You switch back to org-mode with
another C-c '

In fact I want to stop org-mode treat [[xxxx.xx][xxxx]] as link with
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE and #+END_EXAMPLE just like ":".

I don't think it's reasonable that org-mode should know all of the
indentation requirements for all other modes.

I do not mean org-mode should know all of the indentation requirements for all other modes. I think the code between #+BEGIN_SRC and #+END_SRC is better to
stop indent when I press Tab in them.

Then I can use follow code two indent the whole buffer.
,----
| (defun iwb ()
|   "indent whole buffer"
|   (interactive)
|   (delete-trailing-whitespace)
|   (indent-region (point-min) (point-max) nil)
|   (untabify (point-min) (point-max)))
`----

For the moment, If I use the function iwb to indent the whole buffer, the indent
of the code between  #+BEGIN_SRC and  #+END_SRC will be destroy.