Re: [Orgmode] Undoing from Org Done Notes

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Undoing from Org Done Notes
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:49:00 +0100

Hi Carsten,

I'll give Bernt's suggestion a try, and hopefully this will happen a lot less. I am quite fond of the sequence shifting keys though, so we'll see how I get on.

Rather than re-defining undo, which I can see might cause problems. Would it be possible to add an extra command into that buffer (perhaps on C-c u) that was essentially a keyboard macro for this simple sequence?

C-c C-k
C-_

I've just tried a defining a macro for this, and it appears to work. Would having the following display be a good idea?

# Insert note for closed todo item.
# Finish with C-c C-c, cancel with C-c C-k, or restore the todo item
# to it's previous state with C-c u.

Thinking about this now, is there ever a time when you want to C-c C-k and not undo the state change?? For me, this would seem to be a better behaviour, but then I'm probably missing something.

Thanks again for your tireless work,

R.

Carsten Dominik wrote:
Hi Rick,

since you are normally going to edit the note, certainly with the ability to undo, I don't think it makes sense to redefine undo for this. I can see how what you
ask for would be useful, but I see no good logic to implement it.

Maybe the easiest is to define yourself a separate key for switching sequences,
so that it is less likely to press S-right by accident?

- Carsten