Re: [Orgmode] question concerning table mode / vsum / automatic adjustme

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] question concerning table mode / vsum / automatic adjustments of indices
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:27:37 -0500

Hi Rainer

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 6:35 AM, Rainer Stengele
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Now I want to add a row after "c". Being on the row below "c"
> when I press <M-S-DOWN> I get this:
>
>       |-------+--------|
>       | items | amount |
>       |-------+--------|
>       | a     |    0.5 |
>       | b     |    0.0 |
>       | c     |    0.5 |
>       |       |        |
>       |-------+--------|
>       | sum   |     1. |
>       |-------+--------|
> #+TBLFM:    @6$2=vsum(@address@hidden)
>
> which is not what I want. I want "@5" as in the case before.
> Is this a bug or a feature? How can I get what I need?

The way you have written the vsum, org has no way of knowing that you
really want to sum all the rows between the previous two horizontal
lines. Instead, you should put vsum(@address@hidden) to tell it this
explicitly. That way, you can even add/delete rows "by hand" and it
will still work.

Hope this helps

Will

--

 Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
 Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia