[Orgmode] Re: Mail files in org

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Mail files in org
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:53:33 -0400

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

> Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 02:54:22PM +0000, Charles Howard wrote:
>>
>> Between Mutt and Mairix I use maildir (one message per file) and
>> searching to meet my needs.
>>
>> I'd like to follow up on putting a message ID link in org to open
>> emails though.
>
> This already works if you use Gnus.

It does?  Can I convert to using message ids somehow?

I'm using Gnus with a local IMAP server (not maildir or Mairix).  All of
my Gnus links are regular folder and article number links.

My Gnus links look like this:

,----
| [[gnus:INBOX.SomeFolder#1053][description of mail goes here]]
`----

I am assuming a message ID link would use the

,----
`----

part of the email instead of INBOX.SomeFolder#1053 in the example above.

I don't want email storage on a single local machine because I need
access to my mail from multiple systems and when I'm away with Internet
connectivity -- and using IMAP Works For Me(tm).

Manually synching my 5GB+ of email between multiple systems isn't
something I want to take on at this time.

-Bernt