[Orgmode] Suggestions for features OR Help?

From: David A. Gershman
Subject: [Orgmode] Suggestions for features OR Help?
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:11:28 -0700

Hello All,

I'm fairly new to Org-Mode, but common to Emacs.  I've have a need to
create a task which is made up of sub-tasks.  Each sub-task in turn has
actions which comprise it.

Each action, I'd like it to have a checkbox so that the sub-task can
track percent complete.  Like so:

  * Sub-Task [66%]
    - [X] Action 1
    - [ ] Action 2
    - [X] Action 3

Once the sub-task is complete, I can set it's TODO label:

  * COMPLETED Sub-Task [100%] - 2008/08/08 17:33:00

This is already how Org-mode works obviously.  My question/request is
this: is there a way to also track completeness via percentages for the
sub-tasks (headings)?  So I would have/see the following:

 * Primary Task [65%]
  * COMPLETED Sub-Task 1 [100%] - 2008/08/08 17:33:00...
  * Sub-Task 2 [24%]...
  * Sub-Task 3 [72%]...

The primary task percent would be based on 3 sub-tasks of equal weight, so:
  (1*.33) + (.24*.33) + (.72*.33) = 65%

I'd even be willing to settle for a primary task percent of just 33%
since only 1 sub-task is completed.

Any ideas?  Is something like this possible?

--
------
Gershman, David A.

(714) 446-2669 office
(714) 407-3636 pager
address@hidden

FU/675/Y343
1801 Hughes Drive
Fullerton, CA 92833

This message contains information that may be confidential and
privileged.  Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive
mail for the addressee), you should not use, copy or disclose to
anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If
you have received this message in error, please so advise the sender
by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your
cooperation.