[Orgmode] Creating an Ubuntu Package for org.

From: Ian Barton
Subject: [Orgmode] Creating an Ubuntu Package for org.
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:19:46 +0100

Whilst it's pretty easy to install org from source, I thought it might
be helpful to make an Ubuntu package. Making a package may encourage
more people to try org as it overcomes some hurdles in installation.
Also you should automatically get up to date versions.

I know that someone has made packages available before, but they don't
seem to be actively maintained. Rather than just create my own personal
packages, I thought it might be worthwhile to use Launchpad and try to
get the package accepted into the Ubuntu package collection.

I know that Carsten is away at the moment and I wouldn't want to do
anything without his agreement.

Comments please!

Ian.