Re: [Orgmode] Opening links to Outlook items from Org mode (may be a FR)

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Opening links to Outlook items from Org mode (may be a FR)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:51:33 -0400

"R. P. Dillon" <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anyone know if this type of linking is possible with Thunderbird?
> Some Googling hasn't turned up anything, so maybe the solution is to
> switch to GNUs.  I like to use org-mode as my central repository of
> information, and linking to email messages would really round out that
> functionality.

If you have the freedom to use Thunderbird, you have the freedom to use
Gnus!  At work, I'm stuck with Outlook.  However, you might look at the
following thread, and see if it provides you enough to start rolling
your own solution:

http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.extensions/browse_thread/thread/a70339619f85a105/f4199f96df3ef426

You might look at this Thunderbird extension, too:

http://tobbe.nu/blog/2007/05/29/Thunderbird-extension-remote-message-id-RFC-2111/

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |