Re: [Orgmode] Showing todos with inherited tags in agenda views

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Showing todos with inherited tags in agenda views
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:40:30 -0600

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 18:43, Robert Goldman <address@hidden> wrote:
> I hope that this isn't too much of an FAQ, but I searched the mailing
> list and couldn't find an answer (although I could find the question
> being asked):
>
> Is it possible to tailor the agenda view so that when it displays the
> TODO items it shows those todo items with their *inherited* tags?

I actually wanted this at one point, because for each of my projects I
had a NEXT action, and in the agenda it would take me a moment to
figure out which NEXT action was associated to which project.  Using
the CATEGORY property one the top-level subtree entry for that project
gave me what I wanted---the name of the project listed on the line for
its next action.

I don't know exactly what your needs are, but I thought I'd mention it.

--
                                 Denis