Re: [Orgmode] Highlight item in column view

From: Daniel J. Sinder
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Highlight item in column view
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:35:33 -0700

Seth Mason wrote:
I've recently begun using column view and really like it.  One nit
that has been bothering me that I can't quite figure out is how to get
the highlighting to show up.

I have '(global-hl-line-mode 1)' in my .emacs and the line is properly
highlighted in all modes except for column view in org-mode.  The
background of the column view seems to block it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SETH

I asked about this a while back. The problem is that column view is done with overlays and so is hl-line-mode, so they can't both work at the same time. Here is a link to Carsten's response to my original request: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/6171

Dan