[Orgmode] Re: Very slow agenda view

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Very slow agenda view
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:48:22 -0400

"Thomas Stenhaug" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm using Org-mode 6.0.6b, on a fairly beefy box.  Building the Agenda
> view is very slow, 10+ seconds for 16 files with a total of 1119
> lines.  All org-files are byte-compiled.
>
> I tried setting org-agenda-files to a single, small file just to test,
> and it still took over a second to produce the agenda view.
>
> This doesn't seem right.  Does anyone have a clue what to check?

Something is definitely wrong here.  I have 18 files totaling 14456
lines currently and the agenda displays in 1 second on a not-so-beefy
laptop (1.5GHz Intel P4M) running Linux.

I'm assuming your agenda view is the daily or weekly view.

Try starting with a minimal emacs setup.  Maybe you have some hook
active that is slowing things down.

-Bernt