[Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Highlight the agenda line with the cursor

From: Dale Smith
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Feature request: Highlight the agenda line with the cursor on it
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:57:13 -0400

"Rob Weir" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 13 Aug 2008, Robert Miesen wrote:
>> I've noticed that as I go through tasks listed in my agenda, it's
>> very easy to select and operate on the wrong task because it's too
>> easy to loose track of what task I am operating on. If the entire task
>> line entry were highlighted, it would be much easier to determine
>> which task was being operated on.
>
> Not built-in, but:
>
> ,----
> | (add-hook 'org-agenda-mode-hook '(lambda () (hl-line-mode 1)))
> `----
>
> works quite well.

Yes!  I've been needing this and didn't even know it!

When in an aganda buffer, the cursor is usually way over on the left
side.  To help me focus my eyes on the task/tags/etc, I (without
thinking) lean on my <right> key to move the cursor over.  What this
actually does is move forward by about 10 weeks or so. :(

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
address@hidden

(Company mandated disclaimer follows...)

This email is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18
U.S.C. 2510-2521.

This information is confidential and is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.

Thank you.