Re: [Orgmode] Reveal Problem

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Reveal Problem
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:05:47 -0700

Hi Scott,

this is supposed to be a *feature*. The problem is, if you show the text below such a headline in a sparse tree, then the next heading is still attached to the last line of the text made visible, and that causes problems when editing. You can try this by going to one of those
headline revealed by the sparse tree command and typing

  M-s show-entry

Then the last line of the text made visible contains ellipses. Suppose you now start editing this text, move the cursor directly before the 3 points and type a few characters. Strange things will happen and when you later make the whole buffer visible with `C-c C-a' you wil see that you typed somewhere in invisible text, but not where you intended to.

Therefore, when making the text under a headline visible, I also force the next headline to be visibile so that editing is safe, assuming that you are intending to edit that text.

Why does it bother you so much?

- Carsten