Re: [Orgmode] outline-cycle and AUCTeX

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] outline-cycle and AUCTeX
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 09:23:41 -0700

On Jul 23, 2008, at 1:53 PM, Felipe Csaszar wrote:

Hi,

Using the old outline-magic.el it was possible to do visibility
cycling of a LaTeX file, as it recognized \section, \subsection,
etc... as headings.

Is it possible to accomplish the same using the orgstruct minor mode?
As far as I can see, orgstruct continues to think that asterisks
represent headings, even in LaTeX.

To edit LaTeX files I use AUCTeX + CDLaTeX.

Many thanks!

Felipe

Hi Felipe

As long as you are only after the outline cycling functionality,
you can simply call org-cycle in any mode that runs
outline-minor-mode.  I have this in my customization:

(add-hook 'outline-minor-mode-hook
  (lambda ()
    (define-key outline-minor-mode-map [(control tab)] 'org-cycle)
    (define-key outline-minor-mode-map [(shift tab)] 'org-global-cycle)))
(add-hook 'outline-mode-hook
  (lambda ()
    (define-key outline-mode-map [(tab)] 'org-cycle)
    (define-key outline-mode-map [(shift tab)] 'org-global-cycle)))

When you want to do structure editing, you can use reftex, or outline-magic.el

- Carsten