[Orgmode] html that looks like org mode in emacs

From: Scott Otterson
Subject: [Orgmode] html that looks like org mode in emacs
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:33:14 -0700

Does anybody have a set of configurations that will produce exported html that looks like an org file when viewed inside of emacs?

For example, I'd like to see this emacs orgmode buffer

* heading 1
  text for 1
** heading 1.1
   text for 1.1
** heading 1.2
   text for 1.2
* heading 2
* heading 3
   1. numbered 1
   2. numbered 2

Be exported to something that looks like this:

* heading 1
  text for 1
 o heading 1.1
   text for 1.1
 o heading 1.2
   text for 1.2
* heading 2
* heading 3
   1. numbered 1
   2. numbered 2

I'm asking because I spend the vast majority of my time in org mode, actually using it in emacs to organize stuff -- I shoot for a format that is easily readable in emacs itself. Occasionally, I need to export the result to colleagues but the exported output is not very readable.

It would also be nice if there was a WYSIWYG ascii export mode.

Thanks,

Scott