[Orgmode] Re: marking out-links

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: marking out-links
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 19:38:23 +0200

[...]

> I you rest the mouse over the link, a tooltip window will show the link.
> Additional markers in the display text would require hacking the
> function
> `org-activate-bracket-links', but I am not in favor of this proposal.
> If you dont like using the mouse, one could use an idle timer to display
> the link in the echo area when the cursor is on the link - I have done
> something like this with RefTeX, on BibTeX references.

Well, i run emacs on a terminal most of the time, so tooltips don't work
for me. As for echoing, yes, that'd work, but it's somewhat orthogonal
to the marking feature, the point of the latter being knowing the kind
of one or more links before going there. But it seems i'm the only one
finding that useful :), so i guess i'll hack something around
org-activate-bracket-links. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers,
jao
--
Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're
not. In either case, the idea is quite staggering.