Re: [Orgmode] blorg users?

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] blorg users?
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:54:20 +0100

David O'Toole wrote:
I've abandoned my old program "org-blog.el" and have started to set up
Bastien's "Blorg" software. But there seems to be a lot of templates to
customize, and I also have to come up with styles. Are there any other
blorg users out there who would share their configs and templates with
me, and maybe I could piece together a style? I promise to tweak
everything and change the colors so that it won't look too much like
your site. what I'm mainly hoping for is to borrow someone's layout, and
then do my own color scheme.

I also promise to release my theme back to the community for further
copying.

Any thoughts?

Hi David,

Yes there are quite a lot of blorg templates etc to customize, and configuration could be better. And I spent quite a lot of time developing my rather minimal blorg theme which I use on my blog at http://sourcesmouth.co.uk/blog/

Anyway, I'm happy to share my configs with you and the org community, as I'd very much like to see some more blorgers, and some of the outstanding issues with blorg resolved (most notably links not rendering properly).

I have begun seperating my blorg configs into something that's hopefully a little more meaningfull to others. When I've completed this work, I'll push it into a git repository for you and others to look at.

I've also made some minor mods to Bastien's blorg.el branched from v0.75, which support use of a 3rd party feed etc and add some css classes etc to various HTML snippets.

I've seen Bastien has made some changes since 0.75 with v0.75e. I tried merging these changes but found the newer version to be more problematic than the older version.

I'll send out an email with a link to the git repo when I've seperated the configuration a bit more. I hope this helps.

R.