[Orgmode] Re: iCal export of repeated tasks

From: Paul R
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: iCal export of repeated tasks
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:56:09 +0200

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

>                                                Likewise, as
> another hypothetical example, if all my events had LOCATION
> properties, it would be equally valid and correct to export them to
> one iCal file for use with korganizer on a full desktop display, and
> to another iCal file with the LOCATION properties trimmed out to save
> space on a mobile phone display.

This is a good use-case, and once again, I consider org export should
provide full information, and later a convert tools should
degrade/adapt it to the target software or device. Implementing such a
processing in every calendaring tools would be a massive duplication.
The "iCal to iCal" converter is the way to go, IMO.

--
      Paul