Re: [Orgmode] Column view and hl-line-mode

From: Wanrong Lin
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Column view and hl-line-mode
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 15:32:36 -0400

Hi, Peter,

I am using highline.el, which works well for me. Maybe you can check it out.

Also, I added this line to my emacs config file to ensure the overlay from the highline.el has higher priority than other overlays.
(setq highline-priority 10)

Wanrong

Peter Jones wrote:
When using column view, I find it hard to visually follow a row across
its columns, to see which column values go with which to-do heading.
In other words, column view doesn't have any horizontal rules, so I
usually resort to placing my finger on the screen and running it
left-to-right to help line up rows and columns.

In the past I had used hl-line-mode to do this for me.  It made the
current row (line) a different color, thus making a single row stand
out from the others, allowing my eyes to correctly associate the
correct column data with the row of interest.

Of course, recent changes disabled the effects of hl-line-mode in
column view (and for good reason).

Would it be possible to make the row/line that point is on stand out,
either by alternating the row colors, or allowing something like
hl-line-mode to work in column view?

Thanks.