[Orgmode] //WAITING shows //NEXT too...

From: Chris Poole
Subject: [Orgmode] //WAITING shows //NEXT too...
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 15:17:18 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just some feature I don't understand, but I
can't find mention of it elsewhere.

I'm trying to implement GTD with org-mode.

I have special TODO keywords set, NEXT WAITING DONE.

If I do C-c\ to have it ask for tags or TODO keywords (to produce lists for me),
I may enter //WAITING, to see all items I'm waiting for.

Doing so and I get, for example

* Someday/Maybe...
* Projects...
** My first project
*** WAITING some thing I want done
*** NEXT something I should do         :computer:
* Reading...

Clearly, the NEXT item shouldn't be there.

This also occurs if I do a search for //NEXT items...

I get a nice list (this time not showing my WAITING items), but in places where
I have a *** NEXT item, it also shows any next *** item for that project too
(though there is no NEXT tag here).

(I apologise if these are two separate issues.)

Anyone know what's going wrong, or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.