[Orgmode] Journal organization

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [Orgmode] Journal organization
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 10:29:06 +1000

I hope you will forgive me for not RTFMing before posting.  I am barely getting my feet wet, trying to keep things relatively simple, and take advantage of some of the more sophisticated capabilities of Org-Mode at the same time.

I have found Org-Remember very useful for typing several categories of notes.  I thought today about the issue of archiving notes.  I was going to post asking how to archive a Journal file on a monthly basis, perhaps automatically.  However, one of the useful features is refiling notes on the fly to specific headlines.

How to people handle this on the long term?

Is it possible to archive all top headlines to a monthly file and keep the template existing structure so new notes can be added?  Is this even desireable on the long term?

On a barely related note, can Org-Remember automatically create a new headline when asked to refile to that headline?

Possibly some topics are best split out into separate files?

Thank you,

Alan