Re: [Orgmode] Re: 1-way syncing with google calendar (was Re: .ics expor

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: 1-way syncing with google calendar (was Re: .ics export violates RFC2445)
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:57:56 +0100

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 02:02:01PM -0700, Cezar Halmagean wrote:
> Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:55:57PM +0100, Adam Spiers wrote:
> >> I'm going to restart gcaldaemon shortly - if it works then orgmode can
> >> boast unidirectional non-interactive syncing with google calendar! (as
> >> opposed to repeatedly importing an .ics file manually, which is very
> >> tedious).
> >
> > Hooray, it works!  org-icalendar-force-UID + gcaldaemon gives nice
> > unidirectional non-interactive syncing with google calendar.  Here's a
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Always remember to read the small print ;-)

> > snippet from the log:
> >
> >    DEBUG | Updating event ( test thing!) in Google Calendar...
> >    DEBUG | Synchronization finished.
> >    DEBUG | Starting Google Calendar synchronizer...
> >    DEBUG | Connecting to Google...
>
> Does this work both ways ? org -> google and google -> org ?

No, just org -> google as per above.

See also http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/6817

> Can you provide your changes/settings ?

The only setting is org-icalendar-force-UID as mentioned above.
Configuration of gcaldaemon is straightforward, and it should work out
of the box.