Re: [Orgmode] set-keys in orgtble mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] set-keys in orgtble mode
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 20:02:09 +0200

Hi Eric,

On May 22, 2008, at 6:50 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
Hi,

I very much enjoy using orgtble mode, however there are some functions
which I run over and over org-table-delete-column, and
org-table-insert-row, etc...

That would be M-S-<left> and M-S-<down>, can't you use these keys?

it is not clear if there is a way to
define key mappings such that they only take effect inside of tables.
Would it be possible to do this using the familiar
local/global-set-key syntax?

Should I write my own orgtble-hijacker-command-### functions?

To add your own keys, you can do something like this, in orgtbl-mode- hook.

(org-defkey orgtbl-mode-map "\C-cd"
(orgtbl-make-binding 'org-table-delete-column 1001 "\C- cd"))

Note that you need to give the key twice, and the 1001 should be a unique number.
Instead of org-defkey, you can use define-key.  org-defkey is the same,
only that it obeys the variable org-disputed-keys.

Also, is there a good way to display the available table commands
other than grepping the org-mode help?

Looking at the menu, it contains a pretty much complete list of commands.
Or how about the refcard?  Pretty complete, too.

- Carsten