Re: [Orgmode] Using [%] or [/] with a list of TODOs

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Using [%] or [/] with a list of TODOs
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:18:54 +0200

On May 17, 2008, at 2:08 AM, David Rattenburg wrote:

Hi,
I'm new to orgmode and I have a question about [%] and [/].
Is it possible to use them with a list of TODOs similar to a list of Checkboxes?

Like
* ProjectX [%]
** TODO Sub0
** DONE Sub1

resulting in [%] displaying [50%]. It works fine with Checkboxes ([]).
But it does not work with TODOs.

OK, I am giving up, you must be the 10th person to request
this, so this is implemented now.  One possible inconsistency
results:  If there is both a checkbox list and subentries below
a heading with a statistics cookie, the cookie will display
whatever was updated last.  For example:

* One [/]
  - [ ] A
  - [X] B
  - [ ] C
** DONE something

Here the cookie might show either [2/3] for the checkboxes,
or [1/1] for the children, and it will show whatever you
have changes last.  If you don't do this kind of mix, things
are fine.

Also, when a statistics cookie is updated from TODO children,
a hook is now provided.  The hook can be used to switch the
parent TODO to DONE when all children are done.

More details in the manual and in the release notes
(ORGWEBPAGE/Changes.org in the git repo....)

HTH

- Carsten